

When we were opening presents this morning, and having our usual Christmas breakfast, my mind wandered to the Christmas we missed 3 years ago... Dawson has been slithering around here, acting like "Mitter Grinch" and today he said with a scowl "I'm stealing Cismas" and I told him he actually did steal Christmas once. Even though Ella was our firstborn, Dawson was our first in a different way. After 8 years of struggling to get pregnant, I was finally living this dream that I'd prayed for and ached for. I had a text book pregnancy with him, actually I guess I had the opposite of a text book pregnancy because all the books tell you what kind of horrible symptoms and discomforts you'll have and I got off easy in every department. It really was bliss. And even though it was 20 days ahead of my due date when I started feeling funny on Christmas Eve, I knew our introduction wouldn't be far off. I was in labor all of Christmas, and at the hospital for about 18 hours of it. But it was everything I'd hoped and prayed for, what a blessing to have such an amazing experience. God took care of every detail - my parents were already here for Christmas, my doctor was on call, our nurse and doula were amazing. Dawson was good to me other than the fact that his giant head was wedged kinda sideways which made pushing tough, especially since I'd been up for over 40 hours by that point. But it was love at first sight when I held my sweet boy. I will never forget the moment I saw each of my kids for the first time, it truly is forever burned into my heart and soul. Todd walked out of the room to tell my Dad and Sis, the only troopers left standing at the hospital, and he crumbled into tears in my sister's arms. We had our son, and it was magic...I don't know how to describe my love for him, or what he does to my heart when I hold him close, smell his sweet breath, or watch him play, sleep, talk... and just become more and more who is going to be. I love him so much that my heart aches sometimes, it feels like too much for it to hold, like it may break - but in the good way. Dawson is calm, meticulous, articulate, affectionate...but he also has a terrible temper and is still not happy about being a big brother. He wasn't ready to have competition, especially twice over, no one asked him if he was cool with it, and he isn't. And you know in some ways I'm still not either. He still feels like my baby boy, and I'm still his yuver (lover) and I hope I always will be. I have a true Mama's Boy and I need him as much as he needs me. So we find snipits during the day to be back in our little world. A world where it's just Dawson and Mommy,where he is my only boy, my only baby, and everything is just as it should be.
Happy birthday my Lovey, you will always have my heart.
If you want to see a slide show from his last birthday post, click here:
Dawson
For prego pics and his birth story, click here:Dawson
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Sweet Dawson.....Ninnie and Papa love you bunches!!
Post a Comment