
The twins are 6 months old today and it's a big milestone for all of us - everyone survived, so far... It has gone by so quickly, and I'm not exactly sure why it feels that way. If you count the hours I'm awake while everyone else is sleeping, I've actually been up for 8 months out of the past 6. The days at times have crept by, I remember the first few weeks after they were born I would sometimes count the minutes, literally, until Todd got home. The last year and a half has been the toughest of my life - with a pregnancy that was a bit rough, and bringing home twins to an already busy house, but it's been my greatest achievement and joy at the same time. I was downloading some pictures today to my digital picture frame and ran across the ones from their birth day and the tears fell, they didn't ask, they just came. Todd asked if my allergies were bothering me which made me smile, but the lump in my throat wouldn't let me explain for a minute. Why is it so hard to watch them grow, but on the other hand, exactly what I want? How come it breaks my heart that we won't have more babies, when I know we have a lot to handle already? I wish I could make sense of my feelings sometimes, all I know is that my heart is full today - full of love, pride, amazement, thankfulness - and a part of it is a little sad to say goodbye to what is past and what I will never experience again. Okay I better stop, those uninvited tears are coming again...
2 comments:
Happy six month birthday, little ones....your Ninnie loves you so much!!
I know exactly what you mean! When they are small you can feel so overwhelmed one minute and want a dozen more the next! I don't know if that will EVER go away! Cool thing is when things do calm down there is always adoption, again!! Bringing life into this world is such an amazing experience and I feel so blessed to have been allowed to do that 3 times! God is so good! Precious little men you have!
Post a Comment