12.14.2009

Celebrate Good Times, Come On!!!














We had a nice day celebrating Ella's birthday, she knew it was her special day and woke up with a huge grin. At breakfast she said, "can you believe I'm almost 7 now?!" Seriously kid, one meltdown for Mom at a time please. It was low-key since she will be partying with brother Dawson in a few weeks - we are doing combo birthdays for them as long as they tolerate it. I'm sure at some point she'll beg for a princess party and Dawson will want firetrucks, although with their personalities I think they'd each be fine with those choices. But I'm sure it won't be long before it is just not cool to share your party with your annoying little brother. Their birthdays are so close together, and with our anniversary and Christmas falling in the same month, I have to do something to preserve my sanity. So thar be a pirate party coming up, I gotta get on that now that I think about it, argghhh. So the deal around here is you get to pick what you want for dinner and dessert. Ella made dinner easy since she changed her mind from homemade mac 'n' cheese to pizza. So all I had to do was a side-kick salad and treats. She wanted cheesecake for her actual birthday cake so I made that the night before, and we made cupcakes together for her to take to school today. We let her open her present from me and Todd, a scooter. I got the girliest one I could fine since it was up to me. Every time I take her to get undies, shoes, a bike helmet, she picks boy stuff. Not that I care, but I know I'll be seeing Spider Man and Diego for the rest of my life so I'd like to see some pink while I can. She does love Tinkerbell though, so I got everything Tink I could find - wrapping paper, plates and napkins, balloons, candle, cupcake liners, party picks...And since it was a toasty 18 degrees, she got to take her scooter for a spin, with Dawson running after her trying to rip her off of it and take it captive (I'll give you one wild guess at what we got Dawson for his birthday. We've learned our lesson over the past year or so and will be buying 4 of everything to avoid a world war). She wanted to paint, so we went to our favorite pottery shop and she made an ice-cream cone trinket box. Of course in true Ella form she made it brown and forest green. We headed home for edible ice-cream cones, the Tinkerbell movie, then dinner, and of course my favorite part of any birthday, dessert.

And of course we have a couple of traditions. She has had the pink birthday hat and plate set since her 1st birthday. And I always take a picture of the kids at the exact minute they were born, in Ella's case at 2010.

1 comment:

Marci said...

Ninnie is so blessed to have you in her life. I love you ever so much Ella Bean and I always will.....xoxoxoxo