
My parents drive up to visit one Friday a month and stay the night. So we took advantage and snuck out to celebrate our anniversary, our first dinner date WITHOUT KIDS since the twins. I think we both realized how much we miss eating a meal while it's still hot, and dinner-time conversations that don't include any sound effects or potty talk. We ate way too much way too fast, but Charlie wasn't about to let me out for too long - he was a hot mess for Nana and Papa. One of the things we chatted about was Christmas break. Todd is taking vacation the week of Christmas, and I wanted to get some ideas of what he wanted to do, and vice versa. So we made a little list of sorts, just some of the things we'd like to do if we get a chance. I'm glad we have a psuedo plan, I can't stand the thought of sitting around the house all day every day, since I have to do a lot of that anyway. And let's face it, I'm just not that good at sitting around, unless it's on a beach somewhere. But he feels the opposite about sitting around, so I guess that's where the whole compromise thing comes into play. I never really liked that word...
Here is the list I made:
*Take the kids to Polka Dot Pottery and make the babies' 1st Christmas ornaments
*Watch Christmas Vacation (again)
*Look at Christmas lights on the S. Hill
*Eat breakfast at Chap's
*Bake Christmas treats
*Eat Christmas treats
*Make Ella and Dawson's invitations for their pirate party
*Update the kids' baby books
*Play Scrabble
Todd's list:
*Kill things on the XBox
*Play Halo cooperative mode with Laura (I actually love Halo, so this works for me. Best XBox game ever)
*Take a nap
*Take another nap
*Play XBox
*Play darts
*Watch as many action movies as possible
*Eat a lot of Christmas cookies
*Did I mention playing XBox?
And they say boys and girls are different, where do they get ideas like that from? I suppose that's why they wrote that book, "Men are from Mars, Women are Genius" (heehee).
1 comment:
Waiting to hear....how goes the list? Have any aliens died or did you create a new pottery piece?
Post a Comment