

Ella is 6 today, I can hardly choke out the word - SIX. It just sounds so old. Even at 5 I could kinda pretend she was just an overgrown toddler. All month long when she tells people that her birthday is in a few weeks and they ask how old she's going to be, I grab her in my arms and teasingly cover her mouth "don't say" I tell her "I don't want to hear it out loud!" I remember everything about the night she was born, the way the frost was hanging in the air, the sight of her sweet face, the moment I held her in my arms and without even thinking about it kissed her still sticky, chubby cheek. Finally, a baby for me, mine all mine - it was heaven on earth. I always say that Ella has taught me more than I will ever teach her. She challenges me and I will never, ever be the same because of her presence in my life. I just pray that I can be the Mom she needs me to be and deserves to have. If I had to pick one word to describe her, it would be Joy. A day without Ella is like a night without stars...I love you baby girl, you are the whipped cream on my cocoa, the straw in my Coke, the cool breeze on a hot day - you just make everything that is already good, better. So glad you belong to me, I don't know how I got so lucky.
2 comments:
Tears...love her too, really I do! Fell in love with her and you the moment I saw your eyes land on her sweet face. Truly one of the most fantastic memories of my working in that unit for 8 years. Happy Birthday sweet Ella Grace!
This blog post totally made me cry...you are so good at that!!!
Post a Comment