12.23.2009

Random Christmas Cheer

Here's how we're doing on the list:
*The babies' "1st Christmas" ornaments are done and hanging on the tree
*We looked at Christmas lights
*We had breakfast at Chap's
*Todd and I played Halo, quality couple time
*I updated the twins' baby books, not the big kids' yet
*Got our baking done
*Todd has been playing a LOT of XBox

We had our besties out for dinner and we got lucky because it happened to be the night that the local fire department Santa goes around our neighborhood. We didn't hear the ho-ho-ho-ing until he was just a couple of houses away, and Ella and Liv were running around in their undies, so Ella grabbed the closest thing she could find to wear - her Tinkerbell costume, Dawson's sweatshirt and leather boots, a great look. And Dawson is sporting Ella's pink slippers, I wonder if Santa thought that perhaps these kids need either new clothes, or new parents for Christmas. Milk? Check. Jammies? Check. Christmas cookies? Check. Okay, let's head out to look at the Christmas twinkle lights. Hope Spokane did it's civil duty and decorated their houses!

Diane wrapped these gifts for the twins and asked us to guess who gets the "naughty" one and who got the "nice" one. Hmmm, I wonder...You'll see what's inside soon...
Making sugar cookies! The kids LOVE to help me in the kitchen, and Dawson has recently designated himself "the baker man."


I think Ella may have been smoking the sprinkles instead of decorating with them.

I even roped Todd into decorating a few:)
A few of Ella and Dawson's masterpieces. A side note to friends, family, neighbors: The kids' dough is kept COMPLETELY separate and is consumed by the cookie's creator for health and safety reasons.
These are one of Todd's favorite cookies, but he thinks I'm crazy to spend so much time decorating them since they just get gobbled up. They make me smile though, even if it does take an embarassing amount of time to sort through the jimmies to find just the orange and brown ones.

No comments: