12.06.2009
Theo, we adore your thicket
We had a great time tree hunting with our friends! We've been going to a tree farm up north for a couple of years, Theodore's Thicket - Todd works with the sweetest guy, Ted, who owns this beautiful land and a cozy little log cabin. We usually go WAY out into the woods to get our tree, but last year and this year we stuck closer to home, the twins being the reason both times (in my tummy causing trouble already, and they are just too tiny to go trekking into the snowy wilderness right now). It's the perfect combination of the great outdoors and the convenient indoors. The cabin was the perfect place to take off our boots, have some cocoa and visit. I wish I could move into that little cottage in the woods. The only thing missing was the snow!! That's one great thing about going into the mountains, it's always sparkling with snow. That's also the problem, we almost always get stuck up there in knee deep powder. When I was about ready to pop with Dawson, we got stuck for 4 hours after we chopped down our tree. I made a make-shift sled with cardboard and took Ella and the nieces and nephews sledding while the guys dug everyone's cars out. Hmm, that could be why he showed up 3 weeks early. Maybe we can convince our crew to join us up there next year. I usually make chili and grilled cheese on our campstove, will that work as a bribe?! Thanks L's and W's for another great family memory!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment